Playing sports is said to be good for health. But as every coin had two sides, this has as well. It is one exercise that not only gives you good health but also rejuvenates you completely after a hectic day at work. During you play any outdoor sport like cricket, football, volleyball, hockey, etc. You burn lots of calories, you lose fat, your energy gets finished after a span of time and you may feel weak if these are not in proper quantity as they must be in your body. So after playing a sport, you need to recover what you have lost. Recovery is an essential part of the lifestyle of any sportsperson. Recovery helps you to regain your energy and leads to better performance.
What is a sports recovery?
Recovery provides you all the required nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. The basic aim of recovery is to fuel your body with carbohydrates, fats, minerals, amino acids, and other necessary oxidizing substances. After long hours of playing sports, a person may face the problem of dehydration. Sports recovery helps to regain it as well. Access of everything is harmful and similarly, lots of playing can lead to a lack of nutrients in your body which may further lead to the immune system enabling viruses and other harmful bacteria to attack your body easily. Recovery prevents it.
Few tips for recovery:
- Take rest – A sound sleep is required after a heavy workout on the ground. Relaxing your body will stable your mind and at the same time will help your muscles to relax and prepare themselves for the next workout.
- Eat a balanced diet – Nutrients, vitamins, and minerals are a very important part of a recovery plan. They provide your body energy and maintain a healthy immune system making you strong enough to tussle the diseases. Always go for natural food instead of light and fast foods, no matter how tasty they are.
- Warm-up – Before start playing always remember to warm-up your body. It activates your muscles and you are also mentally prepared to play long.
- Relaxation – After playing relaxation is must as mentioned before. There are many light exercises which help your body muscles to relax like yoga and meditation.
- Regain – Regain your lost electrolytes and muscle proteins with the help of drinking lots of water and by taking the help of fluid diet including substances like glutamine, iron, zinc, sodium, probiotics, etc. which helps regain the lost energy while playing the sport.
So if you are also a sportsperson or regularly exercise a lot in the gym, you certainly need to follow the sports recovery schedule to boost up your performance